Hi guys! elastos foundation is looking for teams that can help with running/growing social media platforms, that includes: Reddit, Slack, Twitter, Facebook page and groups, Telegram and Medium. I thought it's a good opportunity that community volunteers can contribute as well, and they can potentially reward ELA or bitcoin tokents, if you are interested please let me know so I can help you connect the team.
So, what did I learn? Here’s a top 11 (in the wrong order probably - I like number 8).
1. “The network is the computer.”
2. “Currently, an OS only runs one machine.” “Whereas, WeChat is running 500 million VM’s simultaneously.”
3. “Blockchain is a specialist computer running an autonomous ledger”.
4. “The best feature of the internet is that it’s decentralised. The worst design feature of the internet is that it’s decentralised”.
5. The internet is not a safe place. Any third party operator can intercept or hijack information that passes between two devices through a relay (operator). Therefore, the operator needs to be autonomous. The only way to prevent DDOS attack’s is to handle the cloud and device at the same time.
6. No one individual owns their digital identity or digital assets. These are actually owned by cartels (Facebook / Google / MS etc). Therefore you can’t yet sell or trade digital assets that you think you own (e-book / video etc).
7. Rong Chen is an engineer. Engineers don’t build waste fully, they build for efficiency - and they don’t over-engineer. Good enough, is good enough. Keep it simple = Bitcoin is perfect for doing what a blockchain needs to do for Elastos (issue IDs).
8. Microsoft announced two weeks ago that it’s disbanding it’s Windows team. Windows 10 will not be reversioned. There will be no Windows 11 as you can’t have versions on network computing using universal apps.
> Thus Elastos is E LAST OS.
9. Elastos has just hired a lead Developer Community in USA with over 20 yrs experience. Hiring other team members now to help write code and prose.
10. Elastos coming back to Europe in June (Amsterdam) to show what’s being developed.
11. Four pillars of Elastos:
- Side chains running smart contracts.
I think I’ve got this right - please help me correct anything that I’ve interpreted poorly.
Earlier bitcoiners. Getting into Elastos. Early Bitcoin Maximalist from 2014 says, he hate altcoins. Elastos is the only altcoin he bought few days back. Elastos is in early early face guys.https://twitter.com/cantstopmytrade/status/1076333065314672640